Monday, October 19, 2009

Sun in Houston


I drove through the northeastern part of Texas to get to Houston. It took a bit of time, after all Texas is BIG. The surprising part to me was that it was all green! Green fields, lots of trees, lots of huge lakes - not at all what I expected. Apparently Texas had had 3 weeks of rain too. I finally made it to Houston and am now staying at my sister's. Having a great time. Took Hildegard in for a check up and she checked out fine, got another oil change but she needed nothing else. I'm going to hang out here for a while, do no driving at all, bask in the sun and enjoy the company of family and her friends. Went to a party two nights ago, went to the symphony and heard Brian Stokes Mitchell - a fabulous baritone singing Broadway songs.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you have found some sunshine. Enjoy your visit in Texas. If you get to the Dallas Fort Worth Area, Give my Daughter Lisa a call, I'm sure she would love to see you. She's in Plano.

    ReplyDelete