Thursday, October 8, 2009






If any of you know how to work a blog, please let me know. It seems there is no ability to edit it once you have put pictures on and you can't move the pictures around. I'm tearing my hair out but am determined to get on with it. Anyway, I made it to just this side of North Dakota and was going to camp at the Badlands of Montana. It is a fantastic area and I drove almost to the end of the hairy road to get a great view of the whole place, but there was not one soul camping there and there was talk to snow in the night. I did not want to be moored in that godforsaken place!!! I found another AAA rated campground using my trusty little GPS - it was pitch black out and I had no idea where I was going. The campground was no beauty and someone should write a letter to AAA (but not me). It stormed that night, limbs fell on Hildegard and we got out of there pretty early in the morning.




I finally crossed the border into North Dakota - virgin territory for me - and I was happy as a little piggy. Got gas, was told there was going to be 2 feet of snow later that day so I thought I would move along quickly. But -- the Theodore Roosevelt National Park was just a few miles away and that couldn't be missed. These are the North Dakota badlands and they are beautiful. I drove the 36 mile loop and saw antelope, white tailed deer, and bison. All the grasses have turned color and the leaves on the trees were in full autumn. I told the ranger there that Graham and Aubrey were National Park Rangers and she was overjoyed. It was really a beautiful place to be and in the summer they have musicals and do a full blown tourist thing there.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same editing problem. Went to the new version of Blogger and it fixed the problem. Try it.

    ReplyDelete