Monday, October 19, 2009

Rain in Oklahoma









I left you in Sioux City, Iowa and I left late the next morning to start my rainy period. I made it to Oklahoma and it rained the 3 or 4 days it took me to go through Oklahoma. Oklahoma was pretty much like I expected it - pretty trailer trash but I felt safe in Hildegard. I can't even begin to tell you the areas I drove around, my GPS was sending me in circles, I started with lots of gas and almost ran out in an area where I had no idea where I was, but I knew that I didn't want to be there. A kind gentleman on a tractor appeared out of no where and gave me directions on how to get to somewhere - the somewhere was Slaughterville - Great!!!






I did, however, manage to find a beautiful place before leaving Oklahoma, Turner Falls State Park. There was a mountain and the Turner River flows through this sandstone and eventually falls 75' and continues to flow on standstone, creating little step type falls. I spent the night in their campground and was, again, the only person there.

No comments:

Post a Comment